This handy double colander pulls double duty. The shallow and deep colander fit together to create a unique double colander, to be used separately or together as a covered colander or shaker! The pattern and angles of the holes in both colanders are designed to thoroughly drain your contents. The wide rim of the colander allows them to rest on many different sizes of bowls and saucepans. The ergonomic design of the handles ensures they are sturdy and fit in the hand comfortably when straining. The wide tabs opposite the handles help to extend the length of the colander to fit over different sizes of pots, pans and even sinks! The 3 feet on the deep colander keep it sturdy on your countertop. To connect the colanders together, just slip the hook of the shallow colander into the slot of the deep colander and the handles will fit together to hold as one!
The double colander is perfect for:
- Draining cooked foods such as vegetables, spinach, rice and pasta!
- Washing your produce: The shallow colander is ideal for washing soft or small produce and the large colander is great for larger fruits and veggies.
- Salad shaker: After washing your greens for your salad, use the covered colander to shake them dry!
- Straining canned goods: Strain your canned goods into a bowl and save the stock or juice for use later.
- Thaw foods on the covered colander and allow liquid to drain into a disk or the sink.